The Arts and Crafts Show is a Santa Barbara classic that has been a local tradtion for decades. It is strictly held as a "Santa Barbara" county resident purveyors show and you will find an eclectic mixture of arts and crafts. It is a wonderful Sunday afternoon - check out the art show, stroll down the wharf to get an ice cream, visit the touch tank at the Natural History Museum's Sea Center and then wander out the end of the wharf to watch the pelicans catch fish off the pier. Many of the artists are regulars - they come to the art show each week to show their work. Others come and go. The prices are often quite good. If you have children you need to make sure that they stay away from the road. Cabrillo Blvd. is one of the busiest streets in Santa Barbara and the traffic goes very fast, regardless of the 25 mph signs posted along a large stretch of the road.
Special and Holiday Show Schedule
- January - New Year's Day: January 1st
- February - MLKing's Birthday: Saturday before observed Holiday
- February - Presidents Day: Saturday before observed Holiday
- May - Anniversary Show: 3rd Saturday of the month
- May - Memorial Day: Saturday before observed Holiday
- July - Independence Day: Saturday (varies)
- August - Fiesta Show: 1st Saturday of the month
- September - Labor Day: Saturday before observed Holiday
- November - Thanksgiving: Saturday before observed Holiday
- December - Christmas: Saturday before observed Holiday
Take the 101 Freeway to Garden Street and turn toward the ocean. Follow signs to the nearest parking garage or try parking on Cabrillo Boulevard.